Monday, April 20, 2009

Tuscan Chicken Simmer

Last night, I had a bunch of mushrooms to use, so I dug up this recipe that I thought would submit itself well to an addition of mushrooms. And I was right!!

I served this with Fettuccine, store-bought garlic bread, and a little green salad. And I doubled it.

But you knew that.

Tuscan Chicken Simmer

4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
4 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup pesto
2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
1 cup Italian Five Cheese blend shredded cheese

and, if you're me,

2 cups sliced mushrooms

1. Heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with Pam on medium-high heat. Add chicken, cover skillet with lid. Cook 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.

2. Reduce heat to medium. Add cream cheese, water, pesto and tomatoes to skillet. Cook, uncovered, 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

3. return chicken to skillet. Cook and stir 1 minute or until chicken is coated and heated through. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment