Thursday, April 16, 2009

Homemade Mini Ham and Cheese Hot Pockets (but better!)

When there is a big holiday feast, like at Thanksgiving and Easter, you are always surrounded by LOTS of leftovers. And leftovers are great...for a while.

And then before you know it...you're sick and TIRED of leftovers and everything goes bad in your fridge and you have to throw everything away.

Not cool. Not economical. Not in my house.

So, I will TOTALLY be making my Ham and Potato Casserole to help unload some of the ham I have left from Easter, but I needed something quick and easy for Wednesday night (which is always a very busy night in the Jungle), so I whipped up some of these adorable little mini hot pockets and filled them with ham and cheese.

They are SUPER EASY, SUPER YUMMY, and 100% KID-FRIENDLY...meeting all the requirements for a perfect meal at my house.

I served them with baked beans and strawberries...why? Well - my kids LOVE baked beans, and we had some leftover from hamburger night last night (see me sticking with my "leftovers" theme here?), and the strawberries were on sale at Wal-Mart for .98 a box!! WOW!! But if you want better sides, I would have a veggie platter with dip, and maybe some fresh fruit salad.

This is also a great recipe to make with kids...as it is easy and fun!! And you can make them with other ingredients...imagine pizza pockets, or taco pockets!! The possibilities are ENDLESS.

This is the exact amount I served last night...so no need to double. Although you might WANT to...'cause these disappear FAST!!
-
-
Homemade Mimi Ham and Cheese Hot Pockets

2 cans refrigerated breadsticks (like the Pillsbury kind)
Cup of shredded cheddar cheese
Cup of diced ham
Parmesan cheese

1. Heat oven to 400. Unroll each can of dough and divide into 6 portions (the breadstick dough makes 12 breadsticks...so leave every two stuck together, and press together the seams so they become one piece).
-

2. Lay a portion of ham and cheese down the middle of each piece of dough, keeping away from the very edges. Then, roll up the dough, and fold and pinch the sides together to seal. It will look like a little roll. Repeat for all dough strips. Place pockets on a baking sheet and spray tops with Pam. Sprinkle tops with Parmesan cheese.


3. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
-

courtesy me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment