Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bistro Chicken Salad and Roasted Tomatoes

I am running very, very behind. There are many things going on at once, and I'm just having a hard time keeping up. My house is a wreck (it's usually the first thing to go), I'm behind in my blogs, my laundry is seriously about to consume the kids closets, and I'm so irritable I've been picking fights with everyone from my hubby, to my son's fifth grade teacher, to a member of my Bishopric.
I think I need a "time-out".

All of that has absolutely nothing to do with dinner...I just wanted to share.

I made this two nights ago. Sorry I'm only getting it up now...this is a recipe whose bones I found on Kraftfoods.com and then tweaked my way. I served with Roasted Tomatoes (recipe following salad recipe), steamed asparagus, and some Italian bread. I also, like, tripled the recipe so there would be leftovers.


Bistro Chicken Salad

8 ounces farfalle pasta, uncooked
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins (whatever you got)
1/2 cup Italian dressing, divided
20 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup sun-dried tomato halves, sliced
1/4 to 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, sliced
1/2 a red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 cup asparagus hearts (mine are already quartered, so I just put them in that way. Leave them whole or halve or quarter...whatever your pleasure)
8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
4 to 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (depending on taste)
4 cups fresh chopped spinach leaves

1. Cook pasta per package directions; drain but do not rinse

2. Brush chicken with a couple TBS of Italian dressing. Grill over medium/hot coals, brushing occasionally with more dressing, until cooked through. Cut into strips.


3. Toss pasta, chicken, tomatoes, peppers, onion, asparagus, basil, and cheese in a large bowl. Add Italian dressing and toss again (add more to taste, if desired). Place spinach on serving plates; top with pasta and chicken mixture.

Roasted Tomatoes

1 lb. Campari or Roma tomatoes
1/4 cup Italian dressing
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 TBS grated Parmesan cheese
1 TBS chopped fresh herbs (basil,chives, and/or parsley)

1. Heat broiler. Place tomatoes, cut side up, in a greased broiler pan or foil pan. Top with dressing and cheeses. Cover with foil and place in broiler.

2. Broil about 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and bottoms are browned. take off foil and let cheeses brown for 30 seconds under broiler.

3. Sprinkle with herbs.

inspiration www.Kraftfoods.com, courtesy me

No comments:

Post a Comment