...especially if she keeps bringing stuff like THIS.
An adapted Barefoot Contessa recipe...so good...it was a wonderfully fresh dish to balance out all that sugar at Iron Chef.
Lemon Fusilli with Arugula
- 1 TBS good olive oil
- 1 TBS miced garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 lemons (2 juiced and zested)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound dried fusilli pasta
- 1/2 pound baby arugula (or two bunches of regular arugula, stems removed and leaves cut into thirds)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, and cook for 60 seconds, then add the cream, the zest and juice of two of the lemons, 2 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, until it starts to thicken.
Bring a large pot of water to boil, and add 1 TBS salt and the pasta, and cook al dente according to the directions on the package, about 12 minutes, stirring occassionally. Drain the pasta and return to the pot. Immediately add the cream mixture and cook over medium-low heat for 3 minutes, until the pasta has absorbed most of the sauce. Pour the hot pasta into a large bowl, and add the arugula, Parmesan, and tomatoes. Cut the last lemon in half lengthwise, slice it into 1/4-inch thick slices crosswise, and add a few slices to the pasta. Toss well, season to taste, and serve hot.
Courtesy Bonnie, adapted from the Barefoot Contessa