- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cup sifted flour
- 4 eggs powdered sur for topping
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Cream butter and powdered sugar, blend in flour, mix well. Press evenly into an 11 x 17 inch jelly roll pan, bake in a preheated 350 oven for 15 minutes.
2. Beat eggs slightly, add remaining ingredients and beat until well mixed. Spread evenly over crust. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until set. Do not brown. Filling may puff during baking, but flattens when cooled.
3. Sprinkle top with powdered sugar while still warm. Cut in squares. Store in refrigerator or freezer.
courtesy Teri Metts