Tina made these absolutely delicious Lemon-Pepper Shrimp...and everyone LOVED them. But Tina is one of those people that knows her frecipes by heart, and has such an immensely busy life, that she can hardly be bothered to write them down.
And she's like me...we don't really care about winning...only hanging out and enjoying good food with friends...so she makes awesome stuff, but not to really compete.
Anyway...this is NOT Tina's recipe, because she never gave one. This is Heidi's Lemon Pepper Shrimp recipe...which she says is significantly less pepper-y than Tina's.
But it is the closest we've got...so here is Tina's PICTURE...and Heidi's recipe.
- 1 lb xl shrimp (16-20 count), peeled
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lg cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp red-pepper flakes
- ¼ c. + 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp white wine(or a substitute white grape juice)
- 2 TBSP butter
- 2 Tbsp drained capers, chopped (optional)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
1. Put first 6 ingredients in bowl. Add ¼ cup lemon juice and 1 Tbsp parsley. Marinate 15-30 minutes.
2. Heat grill to medium. Bring wine, butter, 2 tsp lemon juice, and capers to a boil and remove from heat. Put shrimp on grill and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until bright pink, about 2 min.
3. Transfer to bowl and stir in warm butter mixture. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp parsley. Garnish with lemon.
courtesy Heidi Tyler