Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Chicken Lo Mein

I actually bought a disposable camera...but I'm not going to waste photos of food on it. You see - I have disposable cameras with pictures on them that are TWO YEARS OLD...using one is akin to saying I'm never developing pictures again. But I HAD to get one...because I have birthdays approaching and I HAVE to take pictures...

...but you won't see pictures HERE until there is a more PERMANENT solution...namely...that I get a new camera.

So here is your Chicken Lo Mein. It's a great recipe that relies heavily on a peanut flavor...so kids LOVE it (who doesn't love peanut butter? Oh, well...I guess there is all those people with peanut allergies that don't love peanut butter...but, ya' know {awkward silence}...ahem....moving on ) It's too bad there's no picture...because its actually very pretty. And VERY yummy. Double if you're me!!

Chicken Lo Mein

1/2 pound spaghetti, uncooked
1/4 cup Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing (made by Kraft)
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 each red, green, and yellow bell pepper cut into strips
1 small onion cut into thin strips
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 TBS peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 TBS chopped cilantro
2 TBS chopped dry-roasted peanuts
Toasted sesame oil (optional)

1. Cook spaghetti in large saucepan as directed on package.

2. Meanwhile, heat dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic; stir-fry 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add peppers, onions, broth, and peanut butter; stir-fry 3 or 4 minutes or until chicken is done. (I had to take the chicken out for a minute or so to finish up the peppers and onions, so the chicken wouldn't get overdone)

3. Drain spaghetti; drizzle with toasted sesame oil, and return to pan. Add chicken mixture and soy sauce; mix well. Spoon onto platter; sprinkle with cilantro and nuts.

courtesy Kraftfoods.com

No comments:

Post a Comment