Sunday, May 24, 2009

Chicken-Corn Pizza

So, I tried a new quick pizza recipe that I found SOMEWHERE and copied into my "TRY THIS" file of recipes (unfortunately I didn't record the source of the find). I altered it slightly to give it a Southwest flavor, which I thought would appeal to my kids gourmet pizza tastes. And ya' know how I'm always saying that my kids will eat ANYTHING?

Well - this pizza proved me wrong.

My kids wouldn't TOUCH this pizza...which is a shame, because it was really, really good and I ended up having to eat the whole thing. Burp!!

Excuse me.

And I don't have pictures because the camera I hijacked from my teenage daughter ran out of juice, and she doesn't feel that cleaning her room is worth the trouble to find the charger.

But don't worry - it's really self-explanatory. And if you try it...tell me what your kids thought about it.

Southwest Chicken-Corn Pizza

1 12-inch packaged pre-baked pizza crust
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 10-ounce frozen whole kernel corn in butter sauce (Green Giant makes this)
1 6-ounce package refrigerated cooked chicken breast strips, chopped (I used Perdues Short Cuts Carved Chicken Breast, Southwestern Style seasoned chicken breast strips...REALLY YUMMY)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped red sweet pepper
1 TBS finely shredded lemon peel
1 tsp bottled minced garlic
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
12 ounce can sliced pitted ripe black olives
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

1. Preheat oven to 450. Line baking sheet with foil. Coat foil with nonstick cooking spray. Place pizza crust on foil; set aside.

2. In a bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, and black pepper. Spread on crust leaving 1/2-inch space around edge. Bake 5 minutes.

3. Steam corn in microwave as directed (the Green Giant brand steams right in the bag!!). Remove from microwave and transfer to a bowl. Stir in chopped chicken, sweet pepper, lemon peel, and garlic. Remove pizza from oven. Spoon corn mixture over ricotta mixture on crust.

4. Top with goat cheese and black olives. Bake 5 minutes more until cheese and edges are lightly browned. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.

courtesy me (and some unknown inspirational source)

No comments:

Post a Comment