Sunday, May 3, 2009

Frito Salad

WOW!! What a weekend!! I just got back from spending all weekend at Camp Nocatee with my Girl Scout troop and about 225 Girl Scouts and Leaders for our 2009 Camporee: Girl Scouts Making a Difference...Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

In honor of that momentous weekend of fun and outdoorsy-ness, I am going to post a simple and classic camp recipe.

Unfortunately, during camp, my tote bag somehow got placed in a large puddle of water...and my camera was inside it at the bottom, and got SOAKED. It's been 24 hours of drying and charging...and I've yet to resuscitate it. I am HEARTBROKEN, and am now in the market for a new camera (as any self-respecting blogger-mom will tell you...cameras are a necessity)...so I can't post pictures of this salad. But no worries...it's so easy and simple (hence why it is "camp food"), that pictures aren't REALLY necessary.

No need to double...this recipe is good to go...

Frito Salad

2 cans Ranch beans (black label)
1 bag (3 cups) grated medium cheddar
1 large head of lettuce or 2-3 bags pre-chopped Romaine
1 large tomato, diced (I use more than this...because I like tomato)
1/2 large purple onion, diced
1 15-oz bag Frito corn Chips
Lots and lots of Catalina dressing
Now there are two ways to do this...

Variation one:

1. Prepare and toss together all ingredients and serve immediately


OR...


Variation Two (my preferred way because everyone likes different amounts of dressing and chips, and I prefer to keep my chips as crunchy as possible):

1. Prepare and toss together all ingredients EXCEPT chips and dressing

2. Prepare individual servings, and add chips and dressing to taste

courtesy me!! (well - I got this recipe from someone at church many years ago...but I don't remember who, so now I just claim it!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment