|Yummy egg-y cheesy goodness...|
The recipe is off kraftfoods.com ...my favorite go-to site for the super-easy-use-what-you've-already-got-in-your-pantry recipes.
Quick Italian Spinach Pie
- 1 16-oz. container 2% cottage cheese (I used nonfat...because it's what I have...and it turned out great. So save yourself some fat and calories if you prefer to go nonfat as well)
- 1 pkg. (10 oz. frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or shredded Italian cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten (I almost used Egg Beaters, but went with real eggs at the last minute...but next time I'll try it with the egg substitute. And if you use a vegetarian egg substitute, this dish would be Veggie-friendly)
- 1 jar (7 oz.) roasted red peppers, well drained, chopped (my jar was 12 ounces...but I like roasted red peppers, so I added the whole thing)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp, dried oregano (I used the Italian Seasoning blend because it was in front and I didn't feel like digging to the back to look for oregano...see? I wanted EASY tonight...)
|What it looks like...pre-baked...|
3. Bake 40 minutes or until center is set.
Talk about CRAZY easy, right? It's quick, cheap, and really good...and my kids gobbled it up, because they LOVE eggs. They're not too crazy about cottage cheese, but since they couldn't TASTE the cheese through the egg-y spinach-y cheesy goodness, I felt no need to inform them.
|My messy slice...|
Now go eat.