Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mushroom Cheese Rolls

Yellow Squash


So, I've made lots of interesting things from my Apron Simple Meals binder from Publix...

There was the Chicken & Pasta Primavera...

Steaming vegetables for Chicken Pasta Primavera

It was yummy and had lots of vegetable goodness...I love trying new recipes for old favorites. Sometimes the person with the recipe may do something slightly different than you normally do that puts a whole new spin on the dish...and makes it amazing.

That wasn't really the case here...but it was REALLY good...

I also tried their Beef Stew with Barley recipe...

A really delicious Beef Stew with Barley

This was EXCELLENT...and I enjoyed adding the barley to my stew, but it wasn't any better than other stew recipes I've tried.

However, the Beef Stew with Barley recipe had a side dish recipe for Mushroom Cheese Rolls. It's a very simple recipe...but it was SOOOO good, taht I HAD to share it. It made a very good, but ordinary, dinner something MORE...

Mushroom Cheese Rolls


Mushroom Cheese Rolls

  • 8 Bakery Potato Rolls
  • 1 (12x24-inch) sheet aluminum foil
  • 2 TBS unsalted butter
  • 8 oz. pre-sliced fresh baby portabellas
  • 1 tsp browning sauce
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/8 tsp pepper
  • 2 TBS fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
  • 8 slices provolone cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400F.

2. Split rolls crosswise and arrange bottom halves of rolls in center of foil sheet.

3. Preheat large saute pan on medium high for 2-3 minutes. Place butter in pan, then add mushrooms, browning sauce, salt, pepper; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until mushrooms are well browned. Chop parsley.

I used some garlic-herb butter...cause I'm crazy like that...

Oh my oh my...

4. Combine parsley and mayonnaise; spread over both halves of rolls. Divide mushrooms evenly over bottom halves of rolls; top with 1 folded cheese slice and top halves of rolls.

Rolls are ready for 'shrooms and cheese!!

5. Make a foil pouch. Bring up foil sides; then double-fold top and ends to seal. Bake 10 minutes to melt cheese. Serve.

courtesy Publix Apron Simple Meals

No comments:

Post a Comment