Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cheesy Ham & Broccoli Bake

Ever had those nights when you had to feed five kids before 5:30pm because you had stuff to do?

And you're trying to cook, and prepare your activity that is taking up your night (in my case, Girl Scouts), and help with homework, and answer the phone, and fold the laundry all at the same time?
And four of those kids are saying (in between asking what fractions are, and fighting over whose turn it is to use the computer, and begging if they can puh-lease stop doing spelling definitions and play Wii): "I'm hungry...what's for dinner?", all while one kid is peeking over the stove at what you're making and saying in a worried, whiny kind of voice: "Uhh..I don't think I like that..."

Have you ever had one of those nights?

Have you ever had one of those nights when two of those kids are sick with the stomach flu?
That is tonight.

I spent all last night and all day today cleaning sheets, and Febreez-ing pillows, and Lysol-ing every surface in the house, on top of all the things I normally do during the day.

I'm tired.

I'm cranky.

And I have to go to Girl Scouts and play with 8 hyper-active 3rd grade girls.

Welcome to my life.

And since you're here...why don't you stay for dinner?


Cheesy Ham & Broccoli Bake

1-2/3 cups hot water
1 pkg. Stove Top Cornbread Stuffing Mix
3 cups chopped ham
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen broccoli florets, thawed, drained
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup Cheez Whiz

- Heat oven to 375 F. Add water to stuffing mix; stir until just moistened. Set aside.

- Combine ham and broccoli in 2 qt. casserole. Mix soup and Cheez Whiz; pour over ham mixture. Top with stuffing

-Bake 30 minutes or until heated through.

(Note: I bake it closer to 45 minutes...but I watch so the top gets crunchy but not burned)
courtesy Kraft foods

No comments:

Post a Comment