...a simple and flavorful sauteed spinach.
It's perfection lies in it's simplification...another winner adapted from the Barefoot Contessa.
Garlic Sauteed Spinach
- 1-1/2 pounds baby spinach leaves
- 2 TBS good olive oil
- 2 TBS chopped garlic (about 6 cloves)
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 TBS unsalted butter
- Sea salt (optional)
1. Rinse spinach well in cold water to make sure it's very clean. Spin it dry in a salad spinner, leaving just a little water clinging to the leaves.
2. In a very large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil and saute the garlic over medium heat for about 1 minute, but not until it's browned. Add all the spinach, the salt, and the pepper to the pot, toss with garlic and oil, cover the pot, and cook for 2 minutes. Uncover the pot, turn the heat on high, and cook spinach another minute, stirring with a wooden spoon until all the spinach is wilted.
3. Using a slotted spoon, lift the spinach to a serving bowl and top with the butter, a squeeze of lemon, and a sprinkling of sea or kosher salt.
4. Serve HOT.