Friday, August 21, 2009

Fresh Watermelon Spring Salsa

I haven't made salsa in awhile...and I was all thrilled. I love making specialty salsas...they're just so much fun.

Then, I was seeding jalapenos. And after I was done, my nose itched, so I casually rubbed it.

WOW!!! Now - I know better than that. You're not supposed to work with peppers without gloves...and if you are stupid or lazy enough to skip gloves (like I ALWAYS do), you WASH YOUR HANDS DIRECTLY AFTER CONTACT!!

My mucus membranes are seriously stinging.

Better be damn good salsa.

This salsa is primarily intended for fish entrees...where it makes a delightfully light and juicy topper. Just bake your fish of choice (we used wild-caught perch) with a little lemon and pepper (very light on the pepper), and top with salsa.

Viola!! You have an colorful, visually pleasing dish that is perfect for summer.

I doubled...because I like this salsa later in front of the TV with Pita Chips.


-
Fresh Watermelon Spring Salsa

1-1/2 ups chopped watermelon
1 cup chopped PEELED cucumber
1/2 cup diced red onion
2 TBS chopped cilantro (I LOVE smelling cilantro...)
2 TBS Zesty Italian dressing
2 tsp minced serrano chile (I used jalapenos...cause I'm a big fan of using what you got instead of making special trips to the store...but no matter what chile...USE GLOVES or WASH YOUR HANDS...or suffer the consequences)
1/4 tsp. salt

1. Mix all ingredients until well-blended.

2. Serve spooned over cooked fish.



Please forgive the paper plates...I'm still in the process of moving...

courtesy Kraft foods

No comments:

Post a Comment