Saturday, July 4, 2009

Country Kick"N Potato Salad


I don't remember where I got this recipe...off the back of some product, or perhaps in a magazine...I don't really recall...

But it is one of my FAVORITE potato salad recipes EVER...

It is SPICY...but not so hot that you burn your mouth off...it starts off cool and creamy like any old salad, and then WHAM!!!...you get that addicting heat that makes you grab another spoonful to taste the cool creaminess again.

And so the pattern is born.

And you can see why this potato salad goes so fast at parties.

Anyway - I signed up to provide potato salad for our annual church Fourth of July picnic this year, and instead of going for the traditional Great American Potato Salad, or even my German Potato Salad, I chose to make this one.

I thought it coordinated nicely with the Firecrackers!!

I (of course) doubled this...

Country Kick'N Potato Salad

1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro or parsley
1/4 chopped celery
1/4 cup finely chopped shallots or red onion
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
2 tsp Tabasco Pepper Sauce
2 tsp Dijonnaise
1 tsp white vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sugar
2 lbs. new or red bliss potatoes, cooked and cut in 1/2-inch cubes

1. In large bowl, combine all ingredients except potatoes. Stir in potatoes.

2. Cover and chill to blend flavors.

For a spicier version, add more Tabasco sauce to taste.

Easy-peesey-spicy-pleasey.

Happy Fourth of July!!!

courtesy me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment